Friday 5: Five Things to Know About State Senator Elect Kevin Dahle’s New Term
5. State Senator Elect Kevin Dahle has been assigned to the following committees: Commerce, E-12 Division, Education, and State & Local Government
4. He will be the Vice Chair of the Education Committee.
3. This is Senator Dahle’s second term. His past service will count towards his seniority in the State Senate. This matters when committee positions are being assigned.
2. The term of a State Senator is 4 years. Senator Dahle will be up for re-election in 2016.
1. Senator Dahle has a new official photo. You can view it here: http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/members/member_photo.php?mem_id=1160&parm_status=ACTIVE
I was proud of the fact that it was constituents who guided my thinking while in the Minnesota Senate. Not a party playbook. Not ALEC, it was people like you and your neighbors.
All across the district, they all have a story to tell: fire fighters, police officers, librarians, social workers, outdoorsmen, environmentalists, farmers, students, the elderly. They all want to be treated with respect and dignity. They all want to know that they will be heard, that their voice will count.
I want to be that ear. I WANT TO BE THEIR VOICE IN THE LEGISLATURE.
Kevin Dahle, DFL endorsed candidate for Minnesota State Senate District 20
From endorsement acceptance speech - 5/1/2012
Check out our facebook events page for details on Senate District 20 Democratic Farmer Labor Party’s convention.
Hosted by the St. Olaf College Democrats: From the Classroom to the Capitol
Come hear former state Representative David Bly and Senator Kevin Dahle discuss their experiences as educators and policy makers.