This week Governor Mark Dayton laid out a positive vision to build a better Minnesota. I appreciate his forward-thinking approach to put our state on a path to long-term fiscal stability and economic prosperity.
Governor Mark Dayton went big and bold this week. He took on the most powerful special interests in order to fix Minnesota’s chronic structural budget deficit problem. Recent Minnesota Governors haven’t had the guts to do that. This governor did.
The nitpickers are busily picking nits in Dayton’s proposal, and it’s not a perfect proposal. But when you focus on the big picture, there is much to admire:
Here’s how to sign up to receive State Senator Kevin Dahle’s Official E-Newsletter
Visit State Senator Kevin Dahle’s legislative webpage: www.senate.mn/senatordahle
Step Two: Click on the “Subscribe” Tab
Check the “subscribe” circle then enter your e-mail address and click on the “Submit Information” button.
5. State Representative Elect David Bly has been assigned to the following committees: Housing Finance and Policy; Education Policy; Environment, Natural Resources, and Agriculture Finance; and - Judiciary Finance and Policy.
4. He will be the Vice Chair of the Housing Finance and Policy Committee.
3. This is State Rep. Bly’s third term.
2. The term of a State Representative is 2 years. State Rep. Bly will be up for re-election in 2014.
1. You can learn more about State Rep. elect Bly on his State Rep. page: http://www.house.leg.state.mn.us/members/members.asp?id=15260
5. State Senator Elect Kevin Dahle has been assigned to the following committees: Commerce, E-12 Division, Education, and State & Local Government
4. He will be the Vice Chair of the Education Committee.
3. This is Senator Dahle’s second term. His past service will count towards his seniority in the State Senate. This matters when committee positions are being assigned.
2. The term of a State Senator is 4 years. Senator Dahle will be up for re-election in 2016.
1. Senator Dahle has a new official photo. You can view it here: http://www.senate.leg.state.mn.us/members/member_photo.php?mem_id=1160&parm_status=ACTIVE
Here’s an example of the garbage attack mailers that are being sent out - attacking DFL State Senate candidate Kevin Dahle. These mailers are full of lies and a misrepresentation of the facts. They are being sent out attacking the DFL candidate - but make no mistake about it Kevin’s opponent knows the group well. This group - Freedom Club State PAC, is a big supporter of Kevin’s opponent donating not only cash but in-kind donations to his campaign.
Kevin’s opponent in a recent debate told Kevin to “get over it”… That’s easy for him to say since these attack mailers are being sent on his behalf.
David Bly, DFL Endorsed candidate for State House District 20B, discusses voter registration with attendees of his campaign’s Kick-Off Party.